PRECO-MATIC Remote Read Unit
Remote Read Unit
Principal of Operation
The operating principle of the PRECO-MATIC Remote Read Unit is simple. A magnet wheel actuates a reed switch. This in turn sends a pulse to the electronic counter which displays the reading of the meter in cubic feet of gas useage.
The PRECO-MATIC Remote Read Unit can be mounted to the outside wall of the dwelling. Two wires is all that is needed to hook the unit to the PRECOMATIC Mini-Switch. The use of shielded wire is required to prevent interference.
The PRECO Mini-Switch is used to provide a pulsed output for every cubic foot of natural gas used by the customer to the Remote Read Counter. The wires from this switch are connected to the remote read unit.
- Easy Installation
- Nema 4 Enclosure
- Terminal Block Style Wire Connector
- Tamperproof Screws
- Self powered
- Up to 7 Year Battery Life
- Costs Less than relocation of gas meter
- No Torque on gas meter
- Designed to meet Class 1, Div. 1, Groups A B C & D
- Electronic Counter with no gearing to wear out
- Able to register up to 99 million cubic feet of natural gas
- Simple Design